Wednesday 22 February 2012

GENLUX PARTY AND JOAN COLLINS


I was so excited last night going to the Genlux Party at the Sofitel Hotel in Los Angeles. Very glamorous and totally appropriate for the latest issue of their Magazine, where I work as Fashion Editor. There were  photographs by Henri Jean Servat, of one of my most favourite stars Brigitte Bardot. A legend in France, a sex kitten, and international film star.  A beautiful woman in her early years and now a fighter for cats, who made St Tropez in the 1960's and 70's.  I used to dream of looking like her, what a dream that was.  In any case photographs of her hung everywhere so if you are a fan get a long to see them.  I had to be quick though because I was due to have dinner with my other favourite, the brilliant designer from Balmain, Christophe Decarnin.  Truly a creative influence in the fashion world for at least 5 years, his mixture of punk with sharp tailoring, winning  him many accolades.
After dinner I sat with the very funny, feisty and witty Joan Collins and her sister Jacky. I have now seen her three nights in a row, once at opening of the Italian Film Festival in LA and twice at the Sunset Tower. Joan and her husband Percy are my new big favourites,  but of course she probably prefers Jack English.  He is doing his photographic show this Thursday so the internet is all of a twitter so who would not?
I am wearing an Alexander Mcqueen Jacket, Dress by Marc Jacobs, boots, YSL, and jewellery by Erickson and Beamon

No comments: