Thursday 8 December 2011

TINKER TAILORED ON 72 DAYS

Los Angeles has a premiere every night it seems. From Tinker Tailor which on my second viewing seemed to be so much more interesting than the first time.  I was awake instead of hot and tired from Venice. Although wonderfully romantic, Venice is tricky to get around and so perhaps it showed better here in Los Angeles. In any case there was a really fun party at the Chateau Montmartre afterwards with delicious food.  Gary Oldman is a favourite of mine as is Colin Firth.
A comedy from Croatia which kept me on the edge of my seat was 72 Days. Granny has to be kept pretty, she receives her pension from America once a month, and when she dies another Granny is stolen to  replace her, this one  is more alive and violent.  It has received so many awards from around the world and justifiably so. From dark to light it has some funny and delightful moments.  I personally loved Granny playing with a rubber duck in the bath. With the actor Rade Serbedzija and Mira Banjac it has a winning cast.
My flat fell through in Paris, I am more than thrilled. Why would I want to immediately sell something that I fell in love with and I have had so much fun in?.  Tamara de Lempicka obviously loves me there more than the new owner. I am happy to keep it for the time being.

No comments: