Thursday 17 March 2011

RETURNING TO THE MISTY MOORS and legends of Daphne du Maurier.

I have decided to sell Los Angeles. I am on the top of a ridge and wish to be back home here in London.  I loved it, but now think differently.  I fell in love with Cornwall as a girl.  Bodmin Moor, Cornwall and the wind in my hair is attractive,  although I don't find Los Angeles as empty as others do and I have some of my best friends there.  I admire the tenacity of the city to survive.  I am just not an American and require just something very small, something I do not need to worry about in this wild world we are living in.
Visiting Jamaica Inn and its ghosts and dreaming about Daphne du Maurier's  book Frenchman's Creek fills me with excitement. Perhaps I will fall in love with a smuggler? I used to spend my Summer holidays there with some people who owned loads of whippets and welsh cobs. I rode frequently on Bodmin, beautiful wild and untouched.  I want to feel this again.
So I shall go back to my childhood, the romantic history of my past and feel the misty moors once again.

1 comment:

The Duchess said...

Don't leave us for good!