Tuesday 29 March 2011

HOW I ENDED THIS SUMMER BY ALEXEI POPOGREBSKY


There is something about Russian Film and this film is no exception.  Not for the lovers of fast action.  Alexei, the director takes the audience into another world.  The world where time seems to not exist.  With ravishing cinema photography and a slow script leading to really nowhere, I was gripped.  Was I bored?  Occasionally, but not really.  It was about losing time somewhere where there was nobody except one other person.  The fish, the radiation, the loud electric music of youth, and desperation.  Not for a person who cannot stay still, I was sitting with a friend who became irritated and fiddled with her telephone constantly.  I in turn was happy lulling myself into gentle relaxation.  I actually loved the film, winner of The American Express prize, I was the guest of The British Film Institute.



No comments: