Thursday 13 January 2011

THE PAST AND FUTURE GLAMOUR OF THE GLOBES AND OSCARS


Beverly Hills is busy with huge blacked out cars, and women wearing Los Angeles fashion. It is the land of convertible Bentleys and shaved pink mink, diamonds and big hair ready for the Globes and Oscars.
However, I will continue to wear my little black numbers from Marc Jacobs, Emilia Wickstead, Alexander Mcqueen and Michel Klein and ignore everybody else.  I like sharp chic simplicity.  The stretched long Roberto Cavalli  dresses look strange on me.  I have no wish to have fake  brown boobs and show them off.  I like to look like a combination of nun and dolly.  Little dresses with black tights.  I am just not that type of girl, who desires a Birkin  bag and large glasses, long figure hugging dresses with diamante.
If I had to I would  want to look like old Hollywood glamour. This week end my hair will be tweaked to perfection in a 1950's do with make up similar to Gwen Stefani.  I cannot compete with  the "long legged big titted lolita come get me look" of Los Angeles today.
I love Norma Desmond, the turban, the ravishing makeup of yesterday, the black and white photographs, the elegance, the long cigarette holder and the chauffeur wearing a cap. Grace Kelly epitomised true elegance in 1955 at the Oscars.  The beautiful face, wearing satin, she had a natural sophistication difficult to  beat.  Penelope Cruz has tried when she wore a  1950's Balmain dress.  Lana Turner looked immaculate as did many others. The dresses of Marquesa, Versace, Dior and Chanel will be worn on the red carpet  with jewellery from Cartier, Van Cleef, Graff, and many others all fighting for top billing.
Who will look the the best dressed this year is anybody's guess with these beautiful women, Angelina Jolie, Annette Bening, Nicole Kidman, Natalie Portman.Julianne Moore and Halle Berry, fighting for best actress.  I personally  hope they find  dresses from the past, and make them live again, but it is big business, and there will be huge pressure on every design house to show this seasons best.

No comments: