Tuesday 28 December 2010

THE TOY BOX

There were too
many colours in my toy box
too many toys not
played with
and some with
arms and legs
missing.
each toy makes
me relieve an emotion
a tear falls
as I pick up one
doll I never loved
In fact I never played
with dolls or toys
but only in my imagination
I play  with
people
I don't mean to but
I do..
you see
I look to see if I can 
learn
anything
I have only loved
once
I expect
to never have it
returned
I expect nothing
usually
I am in control
of all the people
in my life
but not this one
he has free wings and a voice
I can't
it would be cruel
and unjust to destroy the
beauty of his soul.
I must leave soon
as it may break my
heart
it will anyway
but I must close the lid
of the biggest emotion
of all
Another
pearl of salt
falls down my cheek
I have no courage to
give up
this unique
feeling
I will lower the magic
top slowly so
I can watch
from afar
and never
forget
the earnest
smile drifting
and the kiss on
my shoulder when he parted
the toys were just toys
plastic, without life
and broken
and he the only one whole
with words
I could understand.
or indeed
listen
to