Monday 13 December 2010

BLAH BLAH BURLESQUE, Diamonds are a girls best friend

Dancing girls greeted us along the red carpet to the cinema,unfortunately it was a bit of a waste of time as the big huge rude bouncers herded us as if we were cattle.  There is something so unpleasant about them.  The film company had made such an effort and I wanted to appreciate it, unfortunately these oafs didn't understand.
Fortunately the magnificent duo of Cher and Christina Aguilera is a dream team for success added with happiness. Burlesque is a winner of  a light film with plenty of get up and go.  You want to be part of their team, the girls on stage.  As a great lover of anything burlesque this film was ideal.  I wanted the costumes, the singing, and yes the acting was actually tolerable.  There was something so great about having these divas in a film together that it has to be worth seeing just for that.
I used to adore taking photographs of burlesque girls, and I would still do this if I wasn't a fashion editor.  I find girls singing cabaret incredibly sexy and alluring.  I wish I could dance as well.  This film is a must. .

I then went to Quintessentially's party at the Savoy.  Completely different but equally entertaining, requested by my friend Nicky the world was in party mode.  

No comments: