Sunday 11 July 2010

NEW YORK HERE I COME WITH BLUE NAILS







DAY ONE
Got up at 5am and with the sun shining at 7am I thought it was a good idea to go for a walk with my son to check things out. In fact it was a fantastic walk, all was quiet and you could hear a few birds among the streets of Gramercy Park. It is a great district and feels safe for a Granny. I had my hair done in the 24 hr hair salon round the corner on 25th Street. Can you imagine being open 24/7, but in New York you can find anything. We then went to visit the Artist Sylvia Martins whose colourful paintings reminded me of Bali. She had stunning views over the Hudson and made me wish I lived in New York. After the problems with Chemistry.com I think I will move here instead. The lunch with Tiziano Mazzili who used to own an incredible private and exclusive shop called Voyage on the Fulham Road. Covered with skulls and beautiful tattoos I am thinking of covering my wrinkles with little tiny roses. He told me to visit Henri Bendel on Fifth Avenue which I discover now only sells accessories. I had loads of fun there followed by visiting Bergdorf Goodman.
I then met Rushka Bergman for a drink who was busy telling me that I should have pale blue nails and not dark blue.. Here we go again, a new look cometh.

No comments: