Wednesday 5 May 2010

LISA BORGNES BRILLIANT SHOW AT ACME, LOS ANGELES

































































Being a social creature in Los Angeles is not so different from England except you definitely need to drive. I am not brilliant so my artist pal Yassi Mazandi, fabulous potter and life enhancer, drove me one night last week, as I wanted to go to several shows. One of these was at ACME, a joint exhibition which included my great friend Lisa Borgnes, whose blog "A Bloomsbury Life" is a huge success. Lisa is a perky petite brunette with funky blonde streaks and she can do everything. With a huge literary knowledge that puts everybody to shame, she has now produced artwork that would add je ne sais quoi to any collection. It's based on life as we live it now - boob jobs, botox injections, is anything real, are we going to get old? I loved it and immediately bought a piece. While there, I saw Julie Anne Rhodes who the day before had given me a fantastic birthday party as an au-revoir-Los Angeles present. It was so much fun, with home made cup cakes, salmon and beautiful salads....
I do love the rhyme of Lisa's
Botox, sculptra,restylane
Swell the lips and freeze the brain
face lifts, boob jobs,lipo trimming
where are all the older women...
A little 50th birthday gift for me...

1 comment:

Karrpark said...

Lisa's rhyme is very apropos. Older women are indeed an endangered species in Los Angeles.