Sunday 21 February 2010

SUGAR BABES JASPER CONRAN VIBRANT SIMPLE COLOURS AND SHAPES































































































Congratulations have to go to Jasper Conran for his latest show, Clean lines, modern uses of patent and plastic and rich jewel colours in wool and silk - emeralds, reds, creams, greys and blacks - all came down the catwalk. Jasper is nearly always interesting and is rarely given the praise he should be. I have seen most of his shows and this time I loved his structured jackets in short balloon shapes worn over black jumpsuits. (Dresses are sadly not so great on me and I have the tendency to kill them.) His front row was incredible: the Sugarbabes, Andrea Delall and her daughter Charlotte Olympia, whose face was incredibly beautiful. (I have a passion for hook noses and red lipstick). Then there were Debbie von Bismarck, Victoria from Erickson and Beamon and Stephen Jones looking very dapper in tweed. Yes, the fashion crowd was the most glamorous.Still, Jo Wood is a favourite of mine since I saw her dancing on television, and the Conrans were all there in force.

No comments: