Monday 5 October 2009

THE STALKER

I must be so chic chic. Everywhere I go, I see Grace Codrington. How cool, the star of September Issue with her wonderful red hair, still loving fashion and food. Thank goodness. Anyway, she will soon think I am a stalker, as I have just spotted her again in Colette. I love the way they style everything in there, and if it wasn't so hot and they had larger sizes, I would be penniless.
It must sound like I am a terrible social climber. Wherever I go at the moment there is another "star", But at the Hemingway Bar at the Ritz, I only went for a late night mini burger and I saw Kate Moss. (Luckily, I was wearing the hot pants she had designed for Top Shop, covered with a Gucci Coat.) She was so elegant in a black bustier, taking snaps with an instant camera. Actually, the best thing of all today was watching a famous editor use a throwaway camera. I was wondering what she was going to do with the pictures - go down to Snappy Snaps? Everyone else's pictures are already out on the web.
But back to the Ritz. With Cate Blanchett and Stella McCartney there, how could I feel out of place? Easily. I bumped into the divine Elizabeth Saltzman, who asked me if I was going to Mario's. Mario's? I replied. Yes Mario, Mario Testino. I said I didn't know him, and Elizabeth smiled charmingly. Clearly no one one could possibly not have met him.

No comments: