Monday 18 May 2009

ST TRINIANS, MAYHEM, and a LACK OF EDUCATION, and one last brush with fame PARIS HILTON AT EDEN ROC




Barnaby Thompson is plugging the new St Trinnians in Cannes.
I have a lot to be grateful for, and one of the things is St Trinians. St Trinians was my Grandfather, Sidney Gilliat's least favourite set of films he made, often he would have nothing to do with them. Saying he had neither written, produced or directed them. Of course sometimes this was true, however without him the original films would not exist, and nor would my education such as it was. He had a love of racing, betting, trains and girls schools. He had two daughters, Joanna and Caroline my Mother. The pair of them were always up to no good, and my Aunt has a wonderful special wit, that can't be compared and my mother would react accordingly. In fact they were wonderful fodder for him to write from. Never boring, they were always up to practical jokes. Belles of St Trinians, was for me one of the most fun with actors like George Cole and Alistair Sim. St Trinians was based on a girls school in Edinburgh, that had a new style of teaching. Roald Searle went to meet with them and drew some cartoons, from these drawings the films were made. Although Searle, also is meant to have hated the films they have over the years become a cult. They are again being made and good luck to them all, Barnaby Thompson in particular. Anyway I was always told they paid for my lack of education!

Lastly I saw my favorite Paris Hilton this morning, well I think it was her, as I have only ever seen her in pink before. My brush with the fame game had to end and I came back to London to feel greener and nearer to heaven/

No comments: